Location : Ark Acton Academy
Salary From : £32,962 To £52,977
Teacher of Maths
Ark Acton Academy
Location: Acton, London — Excellent transport links, Acton Town station only 5 minutes’ walk and ample car parking onsite.
Role: Teacher of Maths
Start Date: Immediate/ January 2023
Salary: Ark Main scale (Inner London)
Closing date: 25th November 2022
Interviews: On a rolling basis – (We reserve the right to close the advert early on appointment of a suitable candidate, early application is advised)
Contract: Full-time hours, permanent contract.
Due to our rapid improvement and our growing numbers of students on role, we are now looking for a Maths Teacher to accommodate our large increase in student applications who want to move to our great school. We have seen our progress 8 score transform, with Maths now our most popular A level subject with 50% of students studying STEM.
View more information on our Maths Curriculum here
Benefits of Working at Ark Acton:
At Ark Acton we have stripped away anything we feel gets in the way of being a great teacher so that we can focus on the main thing. This includes:
· Feedback policies that sit at department level
· No graded lesson observations
· No report writing
· No parent’s evenings
· Only 2 data points a year
· No ½ termly data metrics to track progress
· Protected Department meeting and co-planning time built into the timetable and a teacher’s overall loadings.
We are heavily committed to staff welfare and development, and this includes:
· weekly staff training and coaching for every teacher
· Subject-specific knowledge development
· free use of our leisure centre
· access to the school counsellor
We place the curriculum – what we teach – at the heart of the academy and it informs all decisions we make. We are looking for someone who shares our belief in disciplinary thinking and who will help improve and refine our curriculum thinking.
In the words of Alex Standish, we believe that “school subjects then are a way of inducting children into the intellectual habits of humankind, and hence into a disciplinary conversation about knowing our world” and we are looking for someone who shares this belief to join our team.
The ideal candidate will:
· Combine subject matter expertise with a passion for teaching Maths
· Have the commitment, skills and character required to build a successful department
· Share the Ark Acton Academy vision and be aligned with the six pillars underpinning it
· Value and support practices driving continued progress across the network of Ark schools
View more information and a full job description here.
For Further information on the school please visit the school site at https://arkacton.org
View the school policies including the schools safeguarding policy here
View more information on the benefits of working for Ark here.
Location : Ark Acton Academy
Closing Date: 25th November 2022
Interviews: On a Rolling Basis – (we reserve the right to close the vacancy should we find a suitable applicant- early application is advised)
Salary: Ark Support Grade 6, Point 8 -19 (£25,148- £30,602) Pro rata actual salary (£21,536- £26,207)
Contract: Permanent, Term time only 39 weeks – 36hrs/week
Start Date: Immediate
Nearest Tube: Acton Town (5 minutes’ walk away) – Parking available on site.
Ark Acton Academy’s ethos is clear, and we are unwavering in our dedication to it. We simply believe that every child, regardless of background or prior achievement, can be successful if given great teaching and pastoral support.
We aim to create an environment where it’s safe to be happy and where everyone strives for success. Our mission is to create a school of the highest standard that achieves this through recruiting and training excellent teachers and support staff, and by developing a pastoral system that ensures no child is left behind.
In this role you will provide medical assistance to students and staff. You will provide administrative support for the welfare department, ensuring medical records are accurately maintained and support the school by providing medical information where requested. You will collaborate with the other members of the team to always uphold the vision and ethos of the school and provide excellent customer service to a range of stakeholders.
At Ark Acton Academy we are heavily committed to staff welfare and development, and this includes:
· local discounts, and a dry-cleaning service.
· Access to a range of discounts through the Ark Rewards Scheme which includes reduced gym memberships, discounts at major retailers and travel loans
· Commitment to CPD
· Cycle to work scheme
· Free Yoga sessions
· Use of a fully equipped onsite Gym.
Review a full job description click here.
For more information on the school please visit https://arkacton.org/
Ark Acton is committed to safeguarding children, please review our safeguarding policy here.